4.06.2006

TO MARCE

You see nature through a deeper heart than mine,
Born of something wild and kindred
To her ways,
Your eyes find peace and comfort
In the distant hills….and stony crags
Are fire to your gaze.

You are filled with all the hidden yesterdays of man,
That leaping, longing, that has no memory
Of ancient forest shade,
This is your homecoming….your eternal rest
When you lie……………contently
In the grassy glade.

And I am lone…and tremble in my want,
Losing you to nature…..completely
For an hour………
I am lone, lone with my inheritance of pavements,
My soul sees nothing n a flower
But a flower.

There will come a day…a calm, sweet day
And wistfully I’ll watch you go
A kindly sage,
Leading our sons, whose soft soft eyes
Are filled with wonder……
To meet their heritage.

*****************
(ii)
In the depth of your eyes
I see my destiny,
And know I will be
With you always…..
And generations hence
We will fleck an iris
Of our own begetting,
And yield a pupil
Deeper still, with love.

*****************
(iii)

Were I a bird
Gifted with a song
So sweet, that only those
Who loved could hear
The tender melody
Winged from my soul…..
Wafted like vapor,
Essence of the mother-sea;
And each note
Was sure and pointed,
An arrow from my bow,
‘Twould be Beloved,
My best Beloved,
A song of thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home