4.06.2006

THE CRIMSON MAPLE

On that quiet April dawn, four years ago,
When I opened my eyes and heart to ribbons of sun
And a new baby’s crying voice………
I tasted the nectar of my womanhood.
No mock Princess, I……delivered of a child!
But unto me a child was born
And I embraced my son.

No vain dishonest woman, I……to set my flesh
Above that of my fellow men,
But here is one who occupies an equal place
Among you and calls all men brothers:
And here is one who is happy to sit with you
And be lost in the sea of faces……
Knowing it to be the only true level.

And I will teach my son that all men are kin,
That not one of these should sit higher than the other;
That men who sweat are equal to those who think,
And man’s goodwill as deserving of food
As man’s superior ability;
That one man starved….one man exploited
Threatens all the fruit with rot.

If this is communism, them I am communist,
My son is communist, My home is communist:
And I will not move one jot from my belief
Lest I lose my place with man……….
No mock Royalty, we……To be served,
But living by that golden standard,
Loving one another.
-----------------------------------------
(ii)
As I have sad, I am a communist;
And have joyously declared the equality of man,
And damned by my own damns
All other systems, holding communism a true plan.

But I have not said I believe in Russia,
I have no proof of good and have heard much ill;
But against any tyranny, be it money or labor,
I have set my heart and pen with a will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home