4.06.2006

The Joy Flower

I love the humble dandylion
The children’s token of esteem,
Picked with full hearts for Mother,
I want to other, no other,
‘Twould even seem….
No other could be so fine
For me, or so very rare….
My own childhood is here,
My own sweet babies’ joys,
My two dear boys,
Gift bearing appear…..
The gift so fair,
‘Twould make angels sing.

The free flower, dandylion,
Blessed by the innocent,
Beloved by me….
Beloved by me….
As the dearest love sign,
A precious moment spent
To bring me joy…
A thought too delicate
to oft repeat,
And oh, so sweet,
I scarce relate
The tale or toy
With memory without a tear.

The fast fleeing dandylion
A few short summers here,
And then in scorn!
(I only mourn).
The rose, the tulip shine,
(And bought so dear!)
Oh, shabby weed
You graced my breast,
And my sons’ babes will bear,
To my grey heart and hair,
To a Mother blessed,
A grand bouquet indeed,
A trice found joy in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home